Guess what happened in theaters? Geeks won, the universe was tipped out of balance and something Joss Whedon made chalked up more than $200 million in just three days. So, either this is the end of days or we’ve reached a shiny new era of cinema bliss. I’m betting on that apocalypse thing. Good thing there’s a team of civically minded heroes ready to fight back evil.
Summer just started, and it’s likely going to destroy Manhattan again. And again.
PLOT DEVICE POWER RANKINGS for WEEK 18 of the 2012 MOVIE SEASON:
2. You know, just your average fish-out-of-water story, complete with a hilarious authoritarian regime and matching costumes. Captain America gets this reference. (Last week: N/A)
3. Tim Riggins fights animals on a pathetic, non-flying helicarrier (Last week: On the Streets of Candyland)
8. Are we sure Steve Harvey isn’t another manifestation of Loki’s plan? (Last week: 6)
Holding steady this week:
19. What will these kids do with this newfound power?
27. The government, always so sneaky with the weapons and such!
31. Near future drama where Steve Jobsian figure threatens the existence of humanity.
36. The Tweet came FROM WITHIN THE HOUSE!
53. We’ve learned so much about ourselves from this foreign culture we’ve visited and now will forget about again
56. White people have problems too.